ECDIS training – Danelec Marine ECDIS Training Center in YDDO
Welcome to YDDO the only training and testing center for Danelec Marine ECDIS in Turkey.
If you are a prospective or registered student for the Danelec Marine ECDIS Type Specific Training Course, then please read the following instructions carefully.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR STUDENTS AND TEST TAKERS
1 CHOOSES THE RIGHT VERSION OF THE COURSE:
Please be informed that there are several versions of the Danelec Marine ECDIS. When selecting the course for training or for the exam of your choice, please make sure that you select the correct version.
- COURSE MATERIALS AND STUDY INFORMATION:
- Course materials may be downloaded at any time, as per your convenience from YDDO web page.
- Please make sure to install all study materials on your computer for exam preparation.
- This is a self-study course. It is the student’s responsibility to go through the course materials and prepare before signing up for the examination.
Students are only allowed to sit for an examination one time. If the student fails the exam, the student must request for a re-examination within one week from the date of completing the examination. Should you have any questions during the self-study period, you have the following options:
Once you are ready to give the exam, you must have yourself registered.
3.1 DOCUMENTS REQUIRED:
- Sea-fearers’ Book
- Personal contact details.
- Personal company details.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING EXAMINATION:
The Danelec Marine ECDIS certification is a one-step process:
- Take a multiple choice exam (passing grade 70%)
YDDO reserves the right to pass or fail any student based on the results of their tests and their overall aptitude and skill. Should a student not be competent at completing all levels of testing, then we will be forced to fail that student.
- TESTING PROCEDURE AND CERTIFICATION
- The Exam is a 45 minutes test, of 25 questions (each of four marks) with multiple-choice answers based on the course materials provided earlier and you will need a secure internet connection to your laptop / computer during this process.
- After taking the exam and passing at or above a 70% score, you can take a certificate.
- After the training, face to face Interview is a 30 minutes session and our instructor/examiner will ask your questions to test your knowledge and abilities on the Danelec Marine ECDIS. (Passing grade 30%)
- If you pass the face to face Interview, your examination results will be sent directly to your company and YDDO issuing a certificate.
- If you fail, please re-start the process again. Your final certificate will be issued directly from YDDO.