Ultra long-range multi-sensor thermal night vision system
FLIR MU-series is the most technologically advanced thermal night vision system available to the maritime industry today. It is a powerful, gyro-stabilized multi-sensor, long range, thermal night vision system. MU-602C includes a cooled midwave, high-resolution 640 x 512 pixel thermal camera. It has a 14X optical zoom between a 28º and a 2º field of view. It comes standard with and a high-resolution 550-line color camera. The daylight camera offers a 28X optical zoom. MU-602CL is also equipped with a low-light black and white camera. MU-602CLW is completed with an uncooled long-wave high resolution 640 x 480 pixel thermal camera giving the MU-Series multi-spectral capabilities.
Ideal for detecting targets at short range.
FLIR MV-series offer a thermal imaging camera equipped with an uncooled Vanadium Oxide (VOx) detector producing thermal images of 640 x 480 pixels. It is the more affordable multi-sensor solution. The thermal imaging camera zooms between a 24.5° and a 4° field of view.
MV-604C is equipped with a thermal imaging camera and a visible color camera.
MV-604CL comes with a black & white low light camera as well.
- Pan/tilt: all versions of the MU- / MV-Series can pan 360° continuously and tilt +/- 90°. This provides excellent situational awareness.
- Active gyro-stabilization: provides steady imagery, even in rough seas; this is critical for getting the most out of the FLIR MU- / MV-Series long-range imaging capability.
- Radar tracking: allows operators to use the FLIR MU- / MV-Series to identify and track specified radar returns, enhancing vessel safety in low visibility conditions.
- Video tracker: the user can select a given target that can be automatically tracked by the video tracker. Selecting and engaging in tracking mode is easily done by the touch of a button. Once the tracker is engaged, the camera will follow the object as long as it can be seen.
- Picture-in Picture mode: with the Picture-in-Picture mode (PIP) two sensors can be displayed on a single display. The user can select which sensor to display as full screen.
- Digital detail enhancement (DDE): assures a crisp thermal image even in scenes with extreme temperature dynamics.
- Continuous optical zoom: The FLIR MU- / MV-series have a continuous optical zoom on the thermal image allowing to have a closer look at objects which are far away.
- Ball up / Ball down installation: The FLIR MU- / MV-series can be installed in ball-up or ball-down position, giving you more flexibility installing it on your vessel.
Different versions available
|Sensor type||Focal Plane Array (FPA), Cooled MWIR 640 x 512 pixels||Focal Plane Array (FPA), Uncooled LWIR 640 x 480 pixels|
|FOV (Field of View)||Continuous Optical Zoom WFOV 28° x 22.4° to NFOV 2° x 1.6° (PAL)||Continuous Optical Zoom WFOV 24.5° x 18.5° to NFOV 4.1° x 3.1°|
|Focus||Focus free at infinity/Manual/Auto/Wide|
|Visible color camera||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Thermal LW camera||✓|
|Detect man-sized target||9.2 km||4.4 km|
|Detect small vessel||15.5 km||12.7 km|